So I’ve been looking through some Aussie Crochet blogs for a bit more local influence. Makes sense really; seasonally, terminology and shopping wise, not to mention supporting my local crafty blogging community. And I thought I would share.
- Suburban Jubilee – I feel like I just been on a journey with Jubilee, there is more than crochet and I loved the balance. Lots of yarn and project as well as glimpses of the Grandkids. Yarn and pretty stuff!
- Crochet kitten – A good blog – for blogspot – great pictures and original free patterns.
- thedovenest – Lots of craft on this page, great pictures and her approach to crochet really suits my style, intuitive with many project on the go at once…
- littlewoollie – A feast for a crocheters eyes, great pictures and colours. Once again, a lot of things on the go and the large number of pics really appeals to me. Great colour crochet!!
- The royal sisters – I love the Aussie content and the support of the Aussie wool industry.
- Katies kitchen blog – I wouldn’t call this a crochet blog, but she is very good at Granny squares and the crochet and quilting are nice eye candy
- howtocrochetaheart.blogspot.com.au/ – A very good learn to site. Original patterns and great pictures. Call out for pattern testing
- Crafts Mum Ship – Lots of great crafts and pictures. Mummy stuff too.
- Future girl – Free patterns for crochet and knitting
- gege crochet – Original patterns for crochet and felting
So that would be my first ever “10 best … ” list. it’s as much a reference for myself as you. I’m going to keep building on it, feel free to add more into the comments and I will most likely do a part 2.
meanwhile, here is a sneak peak at my current project…
I love this yarn!
3 thoughts on “Crochet Blogs – Aussie Style”
Hello fellow Aussie!! I found your blog through the peeled link up 🙂 think I will be cruising through your page tonight. Hurray! Love my crochet. I have a 2 year old daughter and having bub #2 in 2 weeks.
Hello! Enjoy your cruise, I’ve been up and running here for a couple of months but there should be a bit there for you to read! I would love to see your crochet…
I love the peeled link up, I’ve made lots of blogging friends there. There are some links to Aussie link ups down my side bar you should have a look at too.
Also, while I’m here, have you joined the Aussie blog chicks page on facebook? http://www.facebook.com/groups/blogchicks/
LikeLiked by 1 person
Will check out those links, thank you!! I’m making a little beanie at the moment. I generally post pictures on my (very new) Instagram :p